Who am I ?
French software engineer, born in 1980.
And before that, worked around 10 years in financial software craftmanship. Tried a lots of different things (managed/unmanaged C++, C#, a lot of SQL databases, Perl, Linux, Windows, .Net, etc.)
Those days, I’m:
- Leading our technical team and being as helpful as possible.
- Growing individuals into taking more responsibilities and leading them toward more autonomy.
- Drawing and enforcing strong and efficient architecture and software design guidelines in order to manage to build a robust and performant solution, as a team.
I really like to design an build scalable software and I’m deeply concerned when it comes to software maintainability,
What’s that title ?
From Wikipedia, it can be read that:
In polymer chemistry, polymerization is a process of reacting monomer molecules together in a chemical reaction to form polymer chains or three-dimensional networks.
From my point of view, software craftmanship can be seen as the very same thing:
Aggregating small concepts to make larger systems (able to be aggregated as well in even larger systems).
Lots of. So many more than my free time allow it, sadly. When I find some time, I enjoy:
- Books. All of them (technical, classical or contemporary, mangas… Anything I can get my hand on, actually)
- Music. Quite a large range of it (classical, rock, Hip hop, Electro, folk, etc.)
- I managed to design and carry on a full backend migration from mongo to AWS Redshift in six months for an analytics platform
- I designed and developed a working real time funnel calculation system based on AWS Redshift
- I sewn a shirt. With sleeves. Yep, I’m that kind of a polymorph geek :)